Assignment

ftgf

Thursday, May 7, 2015

Unit 12: Digital Online Archives

I took a look at the northern Virginia digital history archive and found it to be kind of interesting. It gave the history of northern Virginia for the last 50 years. It was fairly easy to use; even for someone with no computer knowledge. 

If I could change one thing about the NOVA archive, just add a little design to it. I would also find a way to market it more so that more people can contribute to it. 

One digital history archive that I have been associated with was the Gaskin archives on ancestry.com. The strengths are that there are so many people contributing antique documents to the archive. The weakness is that me and my father are the only ones transcribing and Digitalizing the information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment